Ny version av skärmläsaren Talks för symbian telefoner finns nu ute. Här är del av informationen från nuance om vad som är nytt i denna version. För mer detaljerad information www.nuance.com eller www.icap.nu.
Nya telefoner som stöds:
* Nokia C6-00
* Nokia C7-00
* Nokia E5-00
* Nokia N8-00
Dessa modeller kan också fungera.
* Nokia C5-03
* Nokia C6-01
* Nokia E7-00
Här kommer lite av nyheterna på engelska från pressreleasen.
This section lists the improvements of TALKS&ZOOMS 5.20 compared to the previous version (5.01).
Support for Symbian^3
Nuance TALKS 5.20 is the first screen reader that supports the new Symbian^3 platform that is used by Nokia in some of its most recent smartphone models, such as the N8-00 and the C7-00. Support for the just-released E7-00 is likely, but has not yet been confirmed.
* Support for Ovi Maps
This version of TALKS introduces support for the Ovi Maps 3 application that is either built-in or available as a download for most devices from Series 60 3rd Edition FP1 onwards. Initial support has been optimized for Ovi Maps 3.03 and 3.04 on keyboard-phones, though earlier and later versions (as found, for example on Symbian^3) can be used successfully as well.
* Access to embedded browser views (e.g. Help screens)
An increasing number of applications are using an embedded version of web browser to display content that does not directly come from a web page. Examples are the display of Help pages in many applications on 3rd Edition FP2 and later phones, contents of e-mail messages in HTML format and the Conversations view on Symbian^3 phones.
On touch phones, these screens can be recognized by the fact that the virtual keyboard for the browser is displayed, but that navigating the page beyond the page title is not possible. Also, the announcement of the number of links (or ”Page has no links”) is missing.
Version 5.20 offers a method to make the textual content (though not the links) in some of these pages accessible upon request: when such a page is shown on the screen, simply press [Talks],[Down] to read the page contents. If necessary, this will first try to convert the page text into a readable format, and then start reading it.
* Various changes
This section lists further changes to TALKS that were made in this update:
* Focus in Nokia Internet Radio is now recognized.
* Lists in N97 web radio are now read.
* Made several improvements to accessibility of Java apps (e.g. automatic reading of non-editable text fields and of some types of input controls).
* New e-mail application on C6-00 is now supported.
* Reduced verbosity of Calendar app on newer phones (e.g. E52), and improved reliability of focus reading in some views.
Touch screen improvements:
* When exploring, objects that consist of nothing but an unlabeled graphic are spoken as ”Icon”.
* Icon for closing full screen in lower right corner of touch browser is now read (as a soft key).
* Holding [Camera] key while exploring screen forces explore mode, and prevents accidental clicking.
* [Talks],[long Vol Down] to switch between navigation and volume control now takes effect immediately, and works in applications where it failed previously, such as Daisy2go.
* Fixed incorrect cycling on [long Vol Up] from softkeys back to focus on screens with Text object (e.g. Notes or New Message).
* Fixed some cases where a few seconds were cut off at the end of an audio file.
* Changed tab width in Settings so all three tabs are accessible by touch.
* Fixed out-of-memory messages after opening and closing a large number of applications or messages.
* Fixed reading of Symbol table with new E52/E72 firmware 051.x.
* Fixed text entry in browser on phones with new web browser 7.2, and on N97mini.
* Added missing punctuation reading for some common Unicode dash characters, and introduced short pauses when reading forced line breaks.
* Fixed some cases where order of punctuation and right-to-left text is incorrect, or where right-to-left text was read in the wrong order.
* Fixed problems with finding user dictionaries and app settings on drive F, especially after moving TALKS installation to a different drive